On-Campus Student Opportunities
The University of Olivet has an entire office devoted to connecting students to the perfect on-campus job. So whether you are looking to build your resume or earn some extra cash, an on-campus job may be available that fits your needs.
The Student Employment Career Center generally begins accepting applications for fall student employment in mid-July.
Most campus jobs are funded through the federal work study program.
- To be eligible for federal student work study, you must complete your FAFSA by March 1 annually and show demonstrated need, as determined by the federal government.
- You will be notified via letter if you are eligible for work study and will receive the award when hired for a position.
- Work study jobs are not assigned, nor does the availability of the award mean you are automatically placed.
- You must apply for a job using the application process outlined below and follow the guidelines set by the hiring department to retain your employment.
- If you have questions about your work study award, please email Richard Lehman, student services and housing coordinator, or call 269-749-7721.
The student employment coordinator also maintains a list of a few off-campus positions within the local community.
How to Apply for a Campus Job
When applying for a position, you must create an online Career Center profile.
- Log into My Olivet Portal.
- Click on the students tab.
- Click on the student employment link on the left.
- Click on “Apply Now.” (This link will take you directly to The University of Olivet Student Employment Career Center.)
After accepting a work study position, you will receive a student employment contract (which can be signed electronically) and any payroll forms you need to complete before starting your work study position.
You may apply to for many positions as you’d like (however, you may only work for two departments at one time).