The University of Olivet will celebrate “The Rockin’ 70s” during Homecoming Oct. 6-8 with multiple events on campus. Highlights include a parade, pep rally and bonfire, alumni art exhibit and concert, athletic events, alumni awards celebration and much more. The public is welcome to attend.
Thursday, Oct. 6
- Celebration in the Square; 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.; banner competition, student parade led by the Comet Marching Band, bonfire and pep rally.
Friday, Oct. 7 – SPIRIT DAY
- Alumni Art Exhibit featuring Frank Corl ’94 and Amy (Gardner) Dean ’92; 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. with 4:30 p.m. art talk and 5 p.m. reception; Riethmiller Blackman Art Building’s Kresge Art Gallery
- 1966 Class Reunion; Noon to 2:30 p.m.; all 1960-1970 class members invited; $15 per person if preregistered, or $20 at the door; Dole Hall’s Klock Commons
- Career Mentoring Event for Students; 2 to 4:30 p.m.; Roznowski Learning Commons (lower level of Burrage Library)
- Women’s Soccer vs. Saint Mary’s; 4-6 p.m.; soccer field
- The University of Olivet Awards Celebration honoring: Young Alumni Award recipient Melanie Engels ’08, Pharm.D.; Distinguished Alumni Award recipient Woodrow “Woody” Wilson ’69; 1844 Award recipient David Hayhow; and 2016 Athletic Hall of Fame inductees: Travis Sleight ’06, 1971-72 men’s basketball team, and 1974 football team; 5:30-9 p.m.; $30 per person if pre-registered, or $32 at the door; The Cutler Event Center’s Hathaway Court
Saturday, Oct. 8
- Coffee Meet and Greet for Former and Current Faculty and Alumni; 9-10:30 a.m.; Roznowski Learning Commons (lower level of Burrage Library).
- Music Collage Concert; 10 to 11:15 a.m.; Olivet Congregational Church
- Greek Society Open Houses; 10 a.m. to noon; all Greek houses
- Red and White Tailgate; 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; Lamplighter OC; $10 for tailgate buffet if preregistered, or $12 at the gate
- Football vs. Kalamazoo; 2 p.m.; Cutler Athletic Complex
- Halftime Show featuring The University of Olivet Marching Band and 2016 Homecoming Court
- Phi Alpha House Dedication (for remodeled first floor); 10 a.m.
- Kappa Sigma Alpha House Dedication; 11 a.m.
- Alumni Celebration and Concert Featuring the Kathy Ford (’78) Band; following the football game until midnight; Lamplighter OC
A number of alumni events, class reunions and additional activities are planned throughout the weekend. For more information, contact Marty Jennings, director of alumni engagement, at email@example.com or 269.749.7644.