It’s time for spring. And it’s time for Comet athletics!
The University of Olivet is thrilled to have the ability to safely host fans at our spring athletics events during the pandemic. Thank you in advance for understanding the need for strict policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our student-athletes, coaches, game officials and the The University of Olivet Community.
This communication covers the following important athletic fan-related information:
- Fan policy
- Required student/staff sign-up
- Away athletic events
Enjoy this time, make some memories and cheer loudly. It’s been too long since we’ve heard the roar of the crowd!
The following sports will be permitted to have fans for the remainder of the spring semester. In addition to two family members per student-athlete, attendance for each sport is as follows for students and staff members:
- Football: 150 students and 20 staff members.
- Baseball: 50 students and 10 staff members.
- Softball: 50 students and 10 staff members.
- Soccer: 50 students and 10 staff members.
- Men’s / Women’s Volleyball: 30 students and 10 staff members.
Student/Staff Sign-Up Required
A reservation form must be completed for each game you wish to attend.
- Students must complete the form no later than the Wednesday prior to the home game by 5 p.m.
- An email will be sent out no later than 5 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the home game with your ticket confirmation for the upcoming event.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not receive an email, your name is not on the pass list for the upcoming game and you will not be permitted to attend the event.
- All attendees must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times during outdoor and indoor athletic events.
Spectators will be expected to social distance as directed.
- Spectators are not to come in direct contact with any student-athlete before, during or after any game.
- Per the OC CARES Pandemic Response Plan, non-campus sanctioned events and gatherings (for groups of 6 or larger), are prohibited. Please keep this in mind when enjoying time with friends on game day.
- Food and drink will not be provided at any event.
- Restrooms will be available to all spectators during all events.
- Football, baseball, softball and soccer spectators will not have access to the Cutler Event Center.
- Spectators should not attend an event if they are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Visiting team fans are not permitted to attend any Comet home event.
The University of Olivet reserves the sole and final right to refuse entry or disqualify from attendance any person who does not comply with these policies and procedures or the direction of a The University of Olivet representative.
These policies and procedures are subject to change at any time. You are encouraged to monitor the The University of Olivet athletics website for any changes to the Athletics Fan Policy.
Away Athletic Events
For any athletic contest not at The University of Olivet, please visit the host school’s website for its spectator/fan policy. Per the MIAA Presidents’ Council, each school may have its own policy.
“For me, winning isn’t something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream.” — Emmitt Smith