Welcome back! We hope you all had a restful break. It was well deserved. We are proud of what The University of Olivet has accomplished in the past 10 months, thanks to your tireless work and dedication. Our priority this semester will be to continue safeguarding the health and wellness of the entire The University of Olivet family, including you.
Thank you for all you have done to keep our campus as safe as possible during the fall semester. It was a challenge like no other, and your efforts paid off in controlling the incidence of COVID-19 on campus. Keep up the good fight! Resist becoming complacent as we continue to face this challenge together.
In this communication, we will focus on the following:
- Virtual COVID-19 Training
- COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Reminder: Daily Temperature and Health Screening Required
- Health Care Reminders
We – along with any member of the Pandemic Response Team – are always available to answer questions, listen to concerns, follow up on issues you may have and offer suggestions for keeping your workspace safe.
With sincere appreciation for all you do,
Director of Human Resourses
Chief Pandemic Response Officer
Virtual COVID-19 Training
Throughout this semester, virtual training sessions will be provided on how to keep your workspace disinfected and manage stress. You will also continue to receive updates from OC CARES regarding COVID-19.
On Tuesday, Jan. 19, you will receive a link from our new training company, SafeColleges. You will have two mandatory COVID training sessions to complete by January 30, 2021. Each training is just 10 minutes long. Click here to view a graphic of what you’ll see in the email from SafeColleges.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
The Barry-Eaton District Health Department has created an online “COVID-19 Vaccination Interest Form”. This form is for individuals who reside in Barry and Eaton counties to indicate their interest in receiving a COVID-19 vaccination. The form determines the phase/priority group and collects your contact information. If you qualify to receive a COVID-19 vaccination at this time, it will provide you with information to schedule an appointment if one is available. Persons who do not yet qualify will be notified using the contact information they provide when vaccination for their group begins. If you wish to receive a vaccination, it is recommended that you complete this online form.
Click here to learn more about the vaccine and how and when you can schedule an appointment in other Michigan counties. This page also provides valuable information and updates on the COVID-19 vaccination in general.
ClearPass Daily Temperature Check and Health Screening
Please remember that all faculty or staff members who come to campus are required to complete the ClearPass screening on a daily basis.
- Click here for more information on the employee daily health screening.
- Click here for employee instructions on downloading and using the app.
Health Care Reminders
- If you are on campus and become ill, immediately return home and contact Human Resources at 269-749-7623 or email Terri Glasgow. It is important that you provide the information to HR right away so a decision can be made whether it is necessary to follow up with others on campus. This is important in keeping others on campus safe.
- Per the OC CARES Plan, physical distancing of at least 6 feet AND wearing a mask is REQUIRED inside all buildings and when around others outside. Until the vaccination becomes widespread or until further notice, both physical distancing and mask wearing is required. This is the most effective way we have at this time to avoid COVID-19. Routine physical distancing and mask wearing will also keep you from having to quarantine if someone you interact with tests positive. Did you know: If someone around you tests positive, but you have been at least 6 feet away from them, you will not be required to quarantine? It’s that simple!
- Critical Reminder Regarding Meetings: Per the OC CARES Plan, any meeting taking place in person must take place in a room large enough for everyone to be at least 6 feet apart from each other and all participants must wear an approved mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfectant are available to you by contacting a member of the facilities team:
“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you’re doing the impossible.” — St. Francis of Assisi