The University of Olivet welcomes its newest partner, St. John Technical and Education Campus, Maharashtra, India.
The University of Olivet is proud to partner with India’s Christ Academy and St. Bede’s College.
About The University of Olivet
Throughout our 179-year history, The University of Olivet has remained dedicated to the primary objectives Olivet’s founding fathers set out to achieve. The basis of Olivet’s guiding principle was established by the founders when they wrote, “We wish simply to do good to our students, by placing in their hands the means of intellectual, moral and spiritual improvement, and to teach them the divine art and science of doing good to others.
Information for International Partner Students
- For convenience, students gain entry into the MBA program in any of the five- term sessions (each are 8- week sessions: Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1, Spring 2, and Summer).
- Participants have an opportunity for a two- week Summer Immersion Experience on the The University of Olivet Campus and throughout the region, including Detroit and Chicago.
- To graduate successfully, students must earn at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA in courses taken at The University of Olivet.
- For the 2023-24 Academic year, the tuition fees for coursework are $904 per credit, along with a per- term technology fee of $115. Check with your college for international partner scholarship information and cost.
- The program can be completed in 18 months (one course per term) or accelerated with more courses per term or by receiving transfer credit.
Benefits of the International Program at The University of Olivet
The University of Olivet Insurance and Risk Management Program is one of the top-ranked college programs in the United States.
International students will broaden their perspectives and be prepared to make a difference professionally in a more diverse and interconnected world. MBA students have opportunities to engage in cultural exchange and academic collaboration with students and faculty from across the United States while studying the theory and application of business and management principles.
The University of Olivet’s MBA program provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the insurance industry, the various risk management techniques used in the industry, and leadership skills and techniques. This program helps students to understand how to identify, evaluate and manage risks in the insurance industry from an international perspective; it also helps them to develop skills that are transferrable to their careers globally.
The international partnership expands The University of Olivet’s global reach, providing students, faculty, and alumni with a network of industry experts and professionals.
Immersive Leadership Experience at The University of Olivet
The two-week summer immersion experience is an opportunity for MBA students from India to participate in fully-integrated workshops in insurance and enterprise risk management disciplines, visit economic industry zones in the United States and gain cultural experiences.
The program includes workshops conducted by The University of Olivet professors and industry leaders. Students have the opportunity to meet and network with industry professionals, giving them valuable insights into the career opportunities available in insurance and enterprise risk management.
The program is designed to be a valuable complement to the online learning experience and is an excellent opportunity for students to gain a deeper understanding of the insurance industry.
The University of Olivet campus serves as the home base. Students will reside on campus, with travel between Detroit, Michigan and Chicago, Illinois.
Topics may include the following:
- Risk Management, What Every Leader Must Know
- Preparation for the Uncontrollable
- Global Reliance and Connections
- Learning from Others; “After Action Assessments”
- Investment Versus Expense of Risk Minimization
- InsureTech Program, Projects, Successes, and Failures
- Information Technology Priorities and Process
- Enterprise Risk Management “Client Side” priorities
- Cyber Security and Risk
- Analytics in Action – Actuarial and Data-Driven Trends
- Innovation leadership. Autonomous environment risk management
Sample Field Visits:
- Amerisure Insurance Company
- Ford Motor Company
- InsureTech Sponsors
- Networking Events
Certificate in Insurance and Risk Management
Are you looking to switch professions to insurance or gain additional knowledge in the insurance industry? The Certificate in Insurance and Risk Management from The University of Olivet will provide you with the necessary skills to pursue or enhance a career in insurance and/or risk management.
Earn Nine Credit Hours
You will earn nine credit hours of academic credit. The program consists of three core courses:
- IRM 221 Principles of Insurance and Risk Management
- IRM 252 Personal Insurance
- IRM 253 Commercial Insurance
The completion of IRM 221 is required to advance to IRM 252 and 253 courses.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of property and liability insurance, including policy coverage language.
- Read and understand coverage forms, providing consistent and sound underwriting decisions.
- Work collaboratively, demonstrating negotiating skills and actively challenging others when necessary.
Courses will be offered online via asynchronous modes of delivery. In-person, live classes may be arranged for corporate clients or other environments with a minimum number of students required.
If courses are taken on a non-credit-bearing basis, the courses would be eligible to be converted as credit-bearing status at The University of Olivet, applicable to an undergraduate bachelor’s degree.
Our India Partners
About Christ Academy (CAIAS)
Christ Academy Institute for Advanced Studies (CAIAS), Bangalore, India, belongs to a network of educational institutions administered by the members of Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI) who pioneered the cause of social uplift through their service in the fields of education and various other humanitarian activities for more than a century and a half. Christ Academy Institute for Advanced Studies, a great academic fraternity formed as a part of a precious CMI heritage, has a great heart and passion for serving the higher educational needs of its students through its bachelor and graduate degree programs. For more information: www.caias.in
About St. Bede’s College
St. Bede’s College, Shimla, established in 1904, is a historical and educational landmark of Northern India, aims at formation and training of young women. It has been imparting higher education in the fields of Arts, Science, Commerce and the training of Teachers. St. Bede’s is recognized as the only college in Himachal Pradesh State accredited ‘A +’Grade by UGC-NAAC and is run by the Sisters of the Congregation of Jesus and Mary. St. Bede’s College welcomes students of all religions and is committed to give our students the ability to recognize the divine in themselves and their fellow beings, and thus to respect the dignity and uniqueness of each individual. It has been the institution’s consistent endeavor to provide quality education to its student, inculcate discipline, and provide opportunities for all around personal development. For More Information: www.stbedescollege.in
About St. John Technical and Educational Campus
St. John Technical and Educational Campus, situated in Palghar, Maharashtra, is a cornerstone institution under the aegis of Aldel Education Trust, a Christian Religious Minority Trust established in 2007. With the foundational objective of ‘Excellence in Serving to Educate and Educating to Serve,’ the campus strives to be a beacon of knowledge, skill, and human values. Dedicated to uplifting the semi-urban and rural youth of Palghar and neighboring districts, St. John provides a broad spectrum of educational options through its multiple institutions, including St. John College of Engineering & Management (SJCEM), Master of Management Studies (MMS) Post Graduate Department, St. John Institute of Pharmacy & Research (SJIPR), St. John College of Humanities and Sciences (SJCHS), St. John Polytechnic, St. John Junior College (SJJC), St. John International School (SJIS), and Aldel High School.
For More Information: www.aldel.in