I hope you and your family are well. This is an important message about checking out of your rooms on campus this year. This includes the residence halls, houses, apartments and Greek houses.
Below are the guidelines and links to sign up for your check out date and time. Checkouts will limit how many people are in a building at one time. There are three time slots per day — 8 a.m. to noon, 1-5 p.m. and 6-10 p.m. These three time slots are available for sign up every day through May 17 in a first-come, first-served basis using the links below.
Before arriving on campus, please review the following:
- A limited number of checkouts per building per time slot will be allowed for your safety and the safety of our staff.
- Once you sign up for a check out time, it cannot be changed, so please plan accordingly.
- Do not forget to bring your room/apartment/house key and your mailbox key on the day you check out.
Step 2 – Who Can Help and How to Stay Safe during Move Out
- Students may bring a maximum of two helpers to assist with move out.
- Everyone who enters a building/residence must wear a face mask/covering.
- Helpers must be free of COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing).
- The College will not be able to provide cleaning supplies nor personal protective equipment.
- Students and their helpers are asked to bring a broom, mop and disinfectant supplies to wipe and clean floors, doors, windows, closets, bathrooms (if applicable) and furniture. You are encouraged to bring gloves.
- Be Safe. Please avoid close contact and maintain the CDC-recommended six-foot distance from others who did not travel with you to campus. Wash and sanitize your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue. Do not come to campus if you are sick.
- The residential advisers, housekeeping and campus safety staff members will be practicing social distancing during the move out process. Staff will not be able to assist with any student move out.
Step 3 – Day of Move Out: What to Do
- Remove all belongings, empty closets, dressers and desks.
- Remove posters, pictures, tape and stickers from walls, doors, furniture and windows.
- Wipe down all surfaces, sweep floor. (Cleaning supplies not provided.)
- Clean bathrooms, if applicable. (Cleaning supplies not provided.)
- Clean and close windows.
- Take all trash to outside dumpster.
- Turn off lights and lock door.
- Follow key return guidelines below.
Step 4 – Returning Your Keys
- Blair Hall and Dole Hall: Lock your door and drop your key in the black box by the RA office on your hall floor on your way out.
- Shipherd Hall: Leave your key on your desk and lock your door behind you.
- Apartments, Greek and Theme Houses: Lock your door and drop your key in the key drop box at the Physical Plant behind Mott. A sign will be posted above the return slot. Only put keys in the slot, no key rings or key chains.
- If you have lost your room key, please email Jake Schuler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 5 – Day of Move Out: If You Have a Mailbox Key
- Check your mailbox one last time.
- Gillette Residence Mailbox – Leave your mailbox key on your apartment kitchen table.
- Campus Mailroom Mailbox – Keys should be returned directly to the mailroom. A white tube marked “Mailbox Key Return” is located directly under the front service window.
- For students not returning to campus, mailbox keys may be mailed back addressed to the following:
The University of Olivet Mailroom
320 S. Main St
Olivet, MI 49076
Be sure to wrap the key in cushioning, use a padded envelope or mail in a small box to ensure it makes its way through the USPS mail sorters.
Package Pick Up Reminder: If you need to pick up a package, an appointment must be made prior to your arrival by emailing Townsend Montgomery at email@example.com. To make a weekend appointment you need to email Townsend 72 hours in advance as the Mailroom is only open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., unless an appointment is made for another time.
Step 6 – Day of Move Out: Important Reminders
- You understand that you will be charged for anything not reported on your room condition form when you moved in.
- You must remove all of your belongings and any trash in the room. Any of your belongings not removed will result in an extra cleaning fee.
- If you have a cable box from ITS, please leave it in your room with a note on it with the name of the student who checked it out originally.
If you need to discuss special accommodations for your checkout, please contact Jake Schuler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-749-7694.
Links for checkout time slots:
- 402 House: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-402house
- 510 House: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-510house
- Adelphic: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-adelphic
- Alpha Lambda Epsilon: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-alpha
- Alpha Phi Kappa: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-alpha1
- Blair Hall: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-blair1
- Dole Hall: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-dole1
- ELITE: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-elite
- Eta Psi Kappa: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-etapsi
- Gillette Student Village: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-gillette
- Kappa Sigma Alpha: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-kappa
- Long Apartments: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-long1
- Mu Omega Pi: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-muomega
- Nu Gamma Xi: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-nugamma
- Oak Hill Building A: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-oakhill
- Oak Hill Building B: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-oakhill1
- Oak Hill Building C: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-oakhill2
- Phi Alpha Pi: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-phialpha
- Shipherd Hall: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-shipherd1
- Sigma Beta: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-sigma
- Soronian: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B4DABAA2CABFE3-soronian
Thank you, take care and stay safe!
Jacob J. Schuler
Assistant Dean of Student Engagement