About Phi Alpha Pi
Phi Alpha Pi was founded on March 20, 1861 in the Chapel Recitation room by N.J. Morrison, G.W. Barney, Geo. W. Keyes, S. F. White, E. E. Benedict and J. J. Scovel. With the growth of the college and the fraternity, the fraternity began building a house in 1890. It was completed in 1892 and was dedicated during Commencement Week that same year.
The gentlemen of Phi Alpha Pi stand proudly today as they did at their founding by the word of their motto, “Progress, Truth, Friendship.” The fraternity continues to spread this message throughout the College campus.