May 18 is quickly approaching, and with that, so is The University of Olivet Commencement. It’s one of the most exciting times of the year on campus. Here are five ways to help make The University of Olivet Commencement enjoyable and memorable.
- Know the schedule. Almost everything you need to know about Commencement can be found here, from the rehearsal location to where to park on the big day. More details will be emailed from senior class advisers Carol Flanigan, Sarah Peterson and Blake Reed, so be sure to check your inbox frequently for the most up-to-date information.
- Attend events. Enjoy Baccalaureate, the Senior Celebration and other events dedicated to honoring the Class of 2019. These are great opportunities to make memories, thank professors and others who have contributed to your success, share your future goals, make plans to stay in contact with fellow Comets, and of course, have fun and celebrate!
- Take pictures. Be sure to snap a few photos to commemorate your accomplishment. Don’t forget to tag them with #OC2019 on social media.
- Make new goals. Now that a bachelor’s degree is under your belt, what’s next? Determine if entering the workforce or pursuing further education is right for you. Make a budget and prepare for student loan repayment and new living arrangements. Remember, your network at The University of Olivet is always willing to share helpful tips or advice, no matter the topic.
- Take it all in. There really is so much to do in so little time, but don’t let that be the reason you let the memorable moments pass. When in doubt, take some time to relax, make a schedule, ask for help, and remember, with your OC degree and a little hard work, you’re going to go far!
Good luck to the Class of 2019 as they embark into their future as OC alumni. Go out into the world and Be More and Do Good.