New Student Move-In Day is one of the most exciting events at The University of Olivet, and this year it’s happening Friday, Aug. 17. The entire OC family comes together to help freshmen unload their boxes and settle into their new home away from home.
Still have questions about the big day? Find schedules and resources to make sure you are ready to become a The University of Olivet Comet.
Here are just five of the best things to look forward to on Move-In Day.
1. Joining the The University of Olivet family – You’re officially a Comet, and a member of the OC family – your biggest support system. Made up of students, faculty, staff, alumni and many others, we are all excited to welcome you as our newest family member. We’ve got your back and are here to help make sure you reach your goals. And we’ll celebrate your successes together, now and forever.
2. You’ll Start a New Chapter in Life – As a college student, you’ll be launching the next stage in your life and setting big goals. Your college journey is an exciting time to discover who you are and who you want to be in the future. The best way to do so is by stepping out of your comfort zone – join a club, give back or travel the world.
3. Experience Living in a Dorm – Living in the dorms is a new and exciting adventure. You’ll get to meet tons of new friends, experience independence and finally put your new comforter or gaming chair into action. Check out the freshman’s guide to packing for college to make sure you’ve got the essentials.
4. ALT Kick Off – After you’re settled into your dorm room, you’ll spend the afternoon with fellow classmates in the Advanced Learning Term. Designed as the second half to Orientation and start of your new classes, you’ll connect with new friends and faculty and staff mentors while learning about balancing athletics and academics, budgeting, campus life opportunities, managing stress, being successful and much more. It’s important, but also active and unique.
5. Have fun! – It might sound cliché, but Move-In Day is a ton of fun. It’s a time to celebrate your choice to further your education and all of the new experiences you’ll have over the next four years. Plus, Welcome Week events begin the same day, so you’re sure to start creating incredible memories right away.
Learn more about Move-In Day, Friday, Aug. 17 and everything you need to cross of your college checklist before arriving on campus. For questions, contact the Office of Admissions at 800.456.7189 or email@example.com.