The University of Olivet New Student Orientation is designed to help high school students seamlessly transition to life as Comets. The day will be filled with exciting experiences as students meet professors, make new friends, schedule classes, check out where they’ll be living, dine in the KC and much more. In addition, parents, guardians, friends and family members are invited to attend Orientation too, and have a schedule all their own. Pick a date and register for this fun and important event now: June 15, June 28, July 12, July 17 or July 31. Save the date for Move-In Day, Friday, August 17.
Here are just five of the awesome things to look forward to at New Student Orientation:
1. You will have the chance to check off everything on your new student to-do list at Orientation. Professors will help future Comets register for courses before the big day, but you’ll get the chance to adjust your schedule during Orientation if needed. We’ll also happily answer any questions about financial aid, housing and dining services, and other aspects of college life here at OC.
2. One of the best parts of Orientation is connecting with other members of the Class of 2022. The students you meet on this day will become your classmates, supporters and friends for the next four years and beyond. Plus, you all have one thing in common – you are Comets!
3. Exploring campus is a must-do at Orientation. You’ll get to take a closer look at the outstanding facilities on campus, as well as the places and people who are ready to lend a hand when you need some extra help.
4. Orientation is also a great time to set new goals. You’ll leave feeling excited and empowered for a successful future, so take some time to think about what you’d like to get out of college. Maybe it’s becoming a leader on campus or making the Dean’s List, but no matter what, the The University of Olivet family will be waiting to help make your dreams a reality.
5. Orientation will help you prepare to become a successful college student, but it’s not all hard work – it’s going to be a lot of fun, too. In addition to meeting new friends, you’ll also be able to document your memories in a photo booth, compete in games and team building activities, jam out to a DJ during lunch, leave your mark on campus and much more.