This June, The University of Olivet is hosting two specialized girls’ leadership camps for high school and middle school girls. These camps aim to empower young women through leadership training designed specifically for their age group. Here are five of the top things to know about the camps:
- The first camp will be held June 21-23 and is designed for high school students. The second camp, aimed at middle school students, will be held June 23-25. Girls in both camps will be mentored by The University of Olivet’s Women’s Leadership Institute (WLI) Director and Presidential Spouse Traci Corey, WLI Coordinator Jamilia Johnson, past OC ATHENA International Leadership Program participants and some of Michigan’s successful women leaders.
- The camp will center on the world-renowned ATHENA International Leadership Model, including the eight core principles of leadership: living authentically, learning constantly, building relationships, fostering collaboration, acting courageously, advocating fiercely, giving back and celebrating. In addition, the camp will also help girls learn effective communication skills, life lessons in mental health and the importance of inclusion and diversity. Further, girls will hear from the College Student Panel and learn about the college admissions process.
- Core leadership training at the camps is paired with fun games and activities, including a movie night, swimming in the OC pool and much more. Plus, every camp participant receives a camp T-shirt!
- The University of Olivet hosted the first girls’ leadership camp in 2018, and pre- and post-camp survey results noted that the camp made a large impact on participants. Many young women emphasized that they uncovered characteristics and strengths that gave them the courage and confidence to find their voice and much more.
- The cost of the camp is $75 and includes overnight camp accommodations, meals, a camp T-shirt and age-appropriate leadership training. Scholarships are available for the full cost of the camp.
For more information about the The University of Olivet ATHENA International Girls’ Leadership Camps, email email@example.com. Space is limited, so register now to reserve your spot.
Learn more about The University of Olivet by contacting the Office of Admissions at 800-456-7189 or firstname.lastname@example.org.