Olivet’s campus is going to get groovy with this years’ Homecoming theme: The Rockin’ 70s!
From Thursday, Oct. 6 to Sunday, Oct. 9, let your Comet spirit shine bright. Check out a full list of events and get excited for these event highlights:
1. Olivet Comets vs. Kalamazoo College Hornets – Squeeze into the bleachers, clap along with the band and cheer until you lose your voice for the Comet football team as they take on Kalamazoo College! Win or lose, rain or shine, Olivet has some of the most dedicated fans in the business. A win won’t only be celebrated by the men on the team; a win will be proudly boasted by every red and white clad Comet in the world. So stock up on face paint, dig out your mittens and scarf (just in case the weather isn’t as excited as you are) and blast the 1977 hit “We Are The Champions” by Queen.
2. View a Professional Art Exhibit – Homecoming encompasses tradition and celebration. Two returning alumni will be displaying their work in the Riethmiller Blackman Art Building Kresge Art Gallery. Frank Corl ’94 and Amy Gardner Dean ’92 have formed impressive careers as artists from foundations formed at The University of Olivet. Check out another networking opportunity from 5 to 7:30 p.m. during the artists’ reception.
3. Networking Opportunities – Shake hands with the future you at the Career Awareness Event Friday, Oct. 7 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. Alumni professionals from a variety of fields will be available to meet with current students in the Roznowski Learning Commons in the Burrage Library. Whether you’re looking for internships, careers or just advice about navigating college from orientation to graduation, meet with someone who has already been through it all.
4. Rekindling Relationships – There are tons of events centered around Olivet’s Greek life. Don’t miss out on golf outings, competitions and the special Kappa Sig house dedication on Saturday, Oct. 8 at 11 a.m. located on Main Street. More networking options, you can never have too many! Be sure to ask past brothers and sisters how they used their membership to a Greek society to their advantage when interviewing for jobs.
5. Pride for The University of Olivet – “We Are Family,” said best by Sister Sledge in 1979, couldn’t be more true. As past and present Comets gather, school spirit skyrockets. Olivet students are all cut from the same cloth, each and every one of us has something in common. Be sure to take a break from the crazy schedule of events to soak it all in. Make memories. Have fun. Most of all, share this fellowship with prospective students who have chosen this time to tour campus.