New Student Orientation is an on-campus engagement event. The New Student Orientation will provide you with opportunities to connect with fellow members of the Class of 2027, faculty mentors, academic advisers, coaches, talent directors and other staff members across campus. Our goal is that the transition to college life is informative, engaging and FUN! Registration and checklists are all located on your application status page.
What to do Before Attending Orientation
Prior to attending New Student Summer Orientation, complete the steps below. These items are required to be completed prior to attending. Please log into your application status page to review your checklist items, which include the following:
- Complete the Orientation survey
- Register for a New Student Orientation date
- Schedule and attend a virtual financial aid meeting
- Submit your housing application
- Submit parking pass information
- Accept your Financial Aid Award Letter
- Change your ITS password and gain access to your UOlivet student portal
What to Expect at Orientation
Summer Orientation is a fun and interactive experience to further connect you with The University of Olivet community. We believe relationship-building is an essential part of the Olivet experience, so you’ll be able to meet people from across campus, including faculty, advisers, admission staff members, coaches and student-athletes, financial aid representatives, student clubs and organization leaders and more!
Below is what we have planned for the day:
- 8:30 – 8:55 a.m. – Check-in and Registration
- 9:00 – 9:05 a.m. – Welcome to The University of Olivet
- 9:05 – 9:30 a.m. – Opening Remarks
- 9:30 – 9:45 a.m. – UOlivet Overview
- 9:50 – 9:55 a.m. – Parent/Guardian Dismissal
- 10:00 – 11:45 a.m. – “Comet Explores” Activity
- 12:00 -12:55 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:55 p.m. – Academic Advising and Afternoon Learning Sessions
Once you have attended a New Student Summer Orientation session, it is then time to prepare for move-in day! We look forward to seeing you move in on August 18. If you have any questions, please contact your admissions counselor, and they will be happy to help assist you.