It’s completely normal to feel uneasy or unsure about attending college, or at least just a little bit nervous about the transition ahead. New Student Orientation is designed to help reassure and reaffirm your decision to become a Comet by answering any remaining questions you may have and creating a space to make new friends who are in the exact same situation as you. Attending Orientation is your launchpad for success at The University of Olivet.
Here are five reasons why you don’t want to miss out:
1. Orientation is the perfect place to begin building relationships with your future professors, athletic coaches, music directors and especially classmates! You’ll be surprised how many students you meet at Orientation end up being some of your best friends. And, thanks to Orientation, you’ll recognize some friendly faces on your first day of classes.
2. What classes should you take? Which professor is your academic adviser? How will you even know how to find your classrooms? All these questions and then some will be covered at Orientation. You’ll begin developing a four-year plan or exploring majors, in addition to learning about the educational advantage of OC’s liberal arts core curriculum.
3. There’s a specialized Parent Orientation. This might not seem important to you, but it certainly is to your mom, dad, grandparent or guardian. They have questions about what college will be like for you or how to best support you even though they won’t be with you. Getting you and your family on the same page will benefit everyone from Move-In Day and beyond.
4. Sure, you’ve probably already toured campus at least once, but now that you know your way around a little bit, it’s time to dive deeper. At Orientation, you’ll experience some of the services, facilities and opportunities around campus, from the best place to meet for group projects to where you go if you need help with your math class.
5. Orientation is what you make of it. If you need assistance navigating financial aid, there’s time for that. Want to learn more about the global and service learning opportunities at Olivet? Just say the word. Wondering about student housing? We’ve got you covered. Concerned about dietary restrictions? No problem. Worried about getting a student ID? We’ll show you where and how.
Admissions representatives are around every corner to make sure your Orientation is smooth sailing every step of the way. Learn more and register for New Student Orientation today, or contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or 800.456.7189 for one-on-one help with any issue.