The University of Olivet is often described as a small campus with a big heart. The campus community serves as a support network for all students on their educational journey. Here are just 10 things that show what is special about attending The University of Olivet:
1. At Olivet, the faculty to student ratio is 16:1 which means small class sizes allow for more individualized attention. You’ll never find yourself in a lecture hall full of strangers listening to a professor you barely know. Rather, your professors will get to know you, from your name and major to your learning style and more.
2. Navigating campus is easy. It’s about five minutes from one corner of campus to the other, with a few exceptions, such as the Cutler Athletic Complex.
3. Internships and career development opportunities will prepare you for a successful career in whichever field you choose. Olivet has an on-campus internship coordinator and frequent guest speakers that give you a competitive advantage in the job market post graduation.
4. With a large variety of MIAA Division III athletics, students can continue playing the sport they love throughout college.
5. Connecting and networking is accessible. No lecture hall, remember? You’ll be able to make friends with fellow students in your classes and majors. In addition, campus events such as Homecoming provide excellent chances to network with alumni.
6. Service learning opportunities are everywhere. A Service Day is held each semester, allowing students to give back to the community. There are also frequent service trips that provide students the opportunity to travel and do good to the world.
7. The main dining cafeteria, the Kirk Center, known as the KC, has tons of options from healthy portions to comfort foods. There are no crazy lines and the friendly staff will accommodate any dietary restriction.
8. What better time to explore the world? Olivet offers travel learning courses that allow you to learn about other people, cultures and ideas. With a small student body, everyone has a chance to go.
9. You’ll see that you matter. The faculty and staff at Olivet understand that a one-size fits all approach doesn’t work, and they’ll listen if you ever need something different or extra. They’re willing to work with you to customize your education to include classes, concentrations, internships, new clubs and more if what you’re looking for doesn’t quite exist.
10. Most importantly, at Olivet, you’re never alone. From day one, when you step into the Welcome Center for the first time, the admissions staff will greet you with a smile, assist you in navigating the world of financial aid, and do what it takes to make your OC experience the best college experience you can imagine. As a student, you might even get to know your professors on a first name basis as they aid you with class projects and academic advising. Above and beyond that, President Corey is sure to say hello as he passes you in the KC, Judy Fales will help you find any book in the library, Student Services will straighten out a full semester schedule in no time, the ITS staff will fix (almost) any problem with your lap top and Campus Safety will always be watching out for you.